soccer Committee and Machinefabriek's duo album from 2008 is remixed by artists Nate Wooley, Francisco Lopez, Taylor Deupree, Lawrence English, Xela, &c. &c.
Squidco Black Friday Sale!:
Shipping Weight: 1.00 units
Quantity in Basket: None
Log In to use our Wish List
Catalog ID: redrawn
Squidco Product Code: 13589
Country: The Netherlands
Packaging: Cardstock Sleeve, not sealed
See track listing.
Click an artist name above to see in-stock items for that artist.
Highlight an instrument above
and click here to Search for albums with that instrument.
1. Andrea Belfi - High Jacked Drone 1 3:23
2. Holden Goldmund - Di-o-day 3:09
3. Taylor Deupree - For I Am Distant 5:18
4. Mark Templeton - Landslide 2:39
5. The Puddle Parade - Magpie 2:24
6. Nate Wooley - Mees 5:00
7. Tori, Reiko & Namio Kudo - Thole 2:11
8. Francisco Lopez - Untitled 221 5:00
9. Nemeth - Very Well Drawn, re-edited 2:38
10. The north Sea - Di-o-day 3:57
11. Steinbrüchel - Seem 6:54
12. Squares on Both Sides - Very Well Drawn 3:29
13. Gary Smith - Klauwier Materials 5:08
14. Lawrence English - A Reversion to Thole 4:30
15. Kenneth Kirschner - Di-o-day 2:51
16. Annelies Monsere - For I Have None 2:35
17. The Fun Years - The Fun Years Scribble with Crayons 5:00
18. Stefano Pilia - Mees 2:00
19. Peter Broderick - Christopher (for Suzanne) 2:55
20. Xela - Low Drone 2 7:35
sample the album:
"[...] Drawn from the amazing duo of soccer Committee and Machinefabriek was a flickering beacon of hope in its understated beauty. A record which improved with age, the simple and unfussy folk songs were helped along by Rutger Zuydervelt's careful (and incredibly restrained) electronic production, giving them an individuality only bolstered by Mariska Baars' stunning voice. It was seemingly inevitable then that Rutger would get round to fielding the tracks out for the remix treatment and like his previous remix album, this is an epic effort in every way. In these mammoth twenty tracks Rutger has managed to hoover up a frightning number of exprimental music's great and good. Francisco Lopez, The Fun Years, Peter Broderick, Taylor Deupree, Lawrence English, Xela and more pop up, and each seems to be in their finest form, no doubt egged on by the quality of the source material. Mariska Barr's breathy tones are the connecting thread throughout the disc, and each artist weaves them on through clouds of static or a chattering instrumental thrum. The breadth and scope of the collection is admirable; we drift from the delicate folk of Holden Goldmund to Taylor Deupree's typically impressive electronic treatment, through The North Sea's stunning dense noise, Kenneth Kirschner's low-key, roomy electro-acoustics and into Peter Broderick's lushly orchestrated rework - there's never a dull moment. Highlights come thick and fast, but my overall pick comes from The Fun Years who until now have been unproven on the remix circuit. Their track is a tiny slice of perfection - bubbling bass and their patented distorted guitar underpinning the hooks of the original track giving it the best elements of both acts. As usual with Machinefabriek-related releases, this disc comes beautifully packaged and if the success of the last remix album is anything to go by, it will be gone in a flash.... A huge recommendation."
Organized Sound and Sample Based Music
Sound, Noise, &c.
Various Artists & Compilations
Redrawn: soccer Committe & machinefabriek remixed and covered