For a decade, Brigitte Poulin has been commissioning and premiering works by composers who, she thought, could help better define our own piano culture.
Independence Day Sale:
Shipping Weight: 2.00 units
Quantity in Basket: None
Log In to use our Wish List
Label: Collection QB
Catalog ID: CQB 0805
Squidco Product Code: 10578
Packaging: Cardstock Gatefold Sleeve
Recorded in MMR, Schulich School of Music, McGill University, Montreal, December 7-9, 2007. Artistic adviser: Tim Brady.
Click an artist name above to see in-stock items for that artist.
Highlight an instrument above
and click here to Search for albums with that instrument.
1. Édifices (Naturels) I 5:14
2. Édifices (Naturels) II 5:24
3. Danses Et Interludes I 2:10
4. Danses Et Interludes II 0:47
5. Danses Et Interludes III 0:58
6. Danses Et Interludes IV 1:24
7. Danses Et Interludes V 1:20
8. Danses Et Interludes VI 2:40
9. Danses Et Interludes VII 2:54
10. Danses Et Interludes VIII 1:50
11. Danses Et Interludes IX 0:34
12. Contredanse Du Silène Badouny 4:05
13. Finnegans Quarks Revival - Down 1:50
14. Finnegans Quarks Revival - Bottom 2:35
15. Finnegans Quarks Revival - Beauty 6:16
16. Finnegans Quarks Revival - Strange 2:55
17. Finnegans Quarks Revival - Charm 5:48
18. Finnegans Quarks Revival - Up 2:05
19. Finnegans Quarks Revival - Truth 6:30
20. Finnegans Quarks Revival - Top 7:59
sample the album:
"For a decade, Brigitte Poulin has been commissioning and premiering works by composers who, she thought, could help better define our own piano culture. From this repertoire, she selected four pieces for Édifices naturels: James Harley's Édifices (naturels) (2000), Ana Sokolovic's Danses et interludes (2003), Denys Bouliane's Contredanse du silène Badouny (1998), and Paul Frehner's Finnegans Quarks Revival (2005-07). All these composers have shown a personal affinity with the piano; each one of these works has a distinctive character."-Dame
"I naively hope that this album will make a contribution to the concert piano music of future generations and, if possible, outside the framework of the contemporary music concerts" -Brigitte Poulin
Piano & Keyboards
Search for other titles on the Collection QB label.