Visual artists Maria Lucchese is also a multi-instrumentalist and voice performer based in Berlin, working with Gio Kaptra, a filmmaker, visual artist and scientist based in Urbino, take their listeners on a 7 part cosmic exploration using tibetan bells, theremin, voice, modular synth, breath and sound processing, the title translating to "through hardships to the stars".
Shipping Weight: 2.00 units
Quantity in Basket: None
Log In to use our Wish List
Label: Creative Sources
Catalog ID: cs483
Squidco Product Code: 25382
Packaging: Cardboard Gatefold
Recorded at Kaptra Atelier, in Italy, on July 21st-25th, 2017, by Gio Kaptra.
Maria Lucchese-voice, theremin, sound processing, breath
Gio Kaptra-modular synthesizer, sound processing, breath
Click an artist name above to see in-stock items for that artist.
Highlight an instrument above
and click here to Search for albums with that instrument.
• Show Bio for Maria Lucchese
• Show Bio for Gio Kaptra
1. Heraclitus It Is In Changing That Things Find Repose 7:10
2. Giordano Bruno Innumerable Suns Exist, Innumerable Earths 5:16
3. Arthus Schopenhauer This Alchemists In Their Search For Gold Discovered Many Other Things Of Greater Value 7:50
4. Theophrastus Bombastus Paracelsus The Dosage Makes It Either Poison Or Remedy 5:22
5. Ludwig Wittgenstein The World Is All That Is Case 4:49
6. Johann Wolfgang Goethe Tribute To Faust 3:42 7. Friedrich Nietzsche Metaphysics 12:00
sample the album:
"Seven planets. Seven philosophers. Seven metaphysics. And two alchemists. They all play around with the idea where the centre is, without an absolute centre, it is defined by itself. Where is the cosmos and where is the mind? A metaphysical, psychedelic planetary trip: disturbing, irrational, delirious, foreign... accompanied by a translucent awareness and serene poetry."-from the liner notes
At The Squid's Ear!
European Improv, Free Jazz & Related
Piano & Keyboards
Unusual Vocal Forms
New in Experimental & Electronic Music
New in Improvised Music
Recent Releases and Best Sellers
Search for other titles on the Creative Sources label.