Label: Soopa / Radon / Base Recordings
Catalog ID: SoopScum
Squidco Product Code: 7682
Condition: Sale (New)
Packaging: Cardstock Foldover in a clear vinyl sleeve
Recorded at Jamboree hall, Maus Habitos, Porto, Spring/Summer 2004.
Highlight an artist name or instrument above
and click here to Search
1. "and they welcomed thy glory" (3:49)
2. for ladies and gentlemen (5:51)
3. folk you (2:11)
4. mother of vibration (3:11)
5. "and they welcomed thy radiance" (4:30)
6. return of the flatliners (8:01)
7. subtle rebuttle (4:44)
8. scum release orchestra (4:12)
9. "and they stood at the heart of thy network" (3:39)
sample the album:
A twisted and weird mix of free jazz, electronics, ea-improv, and noise - fitting for the name of the project - which was sent to us for review, and quickly found it's way into our weekly Squidco Radio show. The release is based on hours of improvised sessions performed by members of the US based Radon Collective with Portugal's Soopa collective, painstakingly sculpted into individual compostions. One track features The Stooge's Steve Mackay on sax, while Lydia Lunch/The Residents collaborator Kamil Kruta sings on two tracks. Very odd, very interesting, for fans of bands like peeesseye.
Search for other titles on the Soopa / Radon / Base Recordings label.