Multi-instrumentalist Rob Mazurek performs solo on cornet, moog, laptop, found sounds, and tubular bells, releasing a distinctive set of compositions showing the many facets of one of Chicago's most driven and creative artists.
Out of Stock
Shipping Weight: 4.00 units
Quantity in Basket: None
Log In to use our Wish List
Catalog ID: DMK 540
Squidco Product Code: 17301
Packaging: Jewel Tray
Recorded by Casey Rice on March 24th-25th, 2002 at Riverside Studio.
Rob Mazurek-cornet, moog, laptop, found sound, tubular bells
Click an artist name above to see in-stock items for that artist.
Highlight an instrument above
and click here to Search for albums with that instrument.
• Show Bio for Rob Mazurek
"Rob Mazurek is an American electro-acoustic composer, cornetist, improviser and visual artist living in Chicago, Illinois. As a composer, Rob Mazurek has written over 300 original compositions over the past 30 years, and has released 55 recordings on various labels. He currently leads a number of ensembles, including Exploding Star Orchestra, Pharoah and the Underground (featuring Pharoah Sanders), Chicago Underground, Pulsar Quartet, São Paulo Underground, Skull Sessions, Sound Is Quintet, Starlicker, Mandarin Movie and Throne of the House of Good and Evil, each of which possesses its own distinct musical personality.
He has collaborated with a wide variety of artists, such as Bill Dixon, Pharoah Sanders, Mike Ladd, Roscoe Mitchell, Yusef Lateef, Fred Anderson, Naná Vasconcelos, Mamelo Sound System, Kassin and Marcelo Camelo and others. Additionally, Rob Mazurek works as a visual artist (incorporating sound, painting and video) with numerous international performances, exhibitions and artist residencies."-Rob Mazurek Website (http://robmazurek.com/)
Have a better biography or biography source? Please Contact Us so that we can update this biography.
^ Hide Bio for Rob Mazurek
1. Moving Through And Back Again (the quietude of moving through you and back again) 6:52
2. Cloth And Bells Cut 3:16-3:44 3:23
3. Breathe And Silver Spines Contained (for Stanley Kubrick) 3:41
4. Birds Song & So Sang To Them 4:10
5. Patterns And Fixations Along The Path Of Seeing Red 4:49
6. Feel Ard...Ardeel...Feeling Hard...Falling Harder (with Casey Rice on nord micro modular) 6:22
7. Haphazard Half Hazardous...Frequencies Push Through Another And Another 3:24
8. For, Love (No Burst In Beginning) 2:48
9. Through The Window There Was A Green And Blue Dress 3:47
10. Metal Monsters Never Fail Me Now (with Casey Rice on metal monster) 3:24
11. Composition 56 In The 4th Place And Still Looking 3:44
12. Them Sang So_Song Birds 2:21
13. Remember The Time It Spun out And Fell Into Itself. It Never Stopped Rising... (with Casey Rice on nord micro modular) 5:25
14. Quietly Sleeping 1:23
15. How Time Turns In On Itself ((Or) That Thought I Had Next Thrusday) 9:06
16. Underwater And Trying To Find The Stars 2:20
17. Still Looking But Not Breathing 0:48
18. Love, For (Slight Burst At The Beginning) 1:01
sample the album:
"Silver Spines is Rob Mazurek's first solo outing for Delmark. Mazurek, who splits his time between the Chicago Underground (Delmark 503, 511, 521), Isotope 217, and myriad side projects, spent three days in the studio with engineer/producer Casey Rice and recorded 18 original compositions. Shimmering, melodic, humorous, and conceptual, Silver Spines may be Mazurek's most personal recording to date. Dense sound collages, plaintive melodies, and free improvisations flow effortlessly into each other creating a recording as unclassifiable as it is beautiful. Features two collaborations with Casey Rice."-Delmark
Chicago Jazz & Improvisation
Recordings featuring brass instruments - trumpets, trombones, tubas, other horns