German electroacoustic composer Boris Hegenbart used the exclusive recordings of 19 invited musicians and sound artists to rebuild and reconstruct their music in suprising ways; artists include Fred Frith, David Grubbs, Oren Ambarchi, Felix Kubin, &c. &c.
Catalog ID: mono055
Squidco Product Code: 17099
Packaging: Cardstock gatefold foldover
Mastered by Rashad Becker.
David Grubbs-tenor banjo
Bernhard Gunter-electric cellotar
Hannes Strobl-bass, drums
Hanno Leichtmann-bass, drums
Oren Ambarchi-vocals, guitars, organ, bells, percussion, motorized cymbal
Marc Weiser-guitar, whistle
Christophe Charles-violin, stones, guitar, vocoder
Felix Kubin-electronic organ
Highlight an artist name or instrument above
and click here to Search
1. M Ginger V (Featuring Michael Vorfeld) 5:18
2. M Makrobe S (Featuring Martin Siewert) 2:45
3. S Anode M (Featuring Stephan Mathieu) 5:35
4. D Hermetik G (Featuring David Grubbs) 5:13
5. J Gespog T (Featuring Jan Thoben) 3:47
6. B Hermetik G (Featuring Bernhard Günter) 5:12
7. S Snooze D (Featuring Sascha Demand) 5:11
8. F Makrobe F (Featuring Fred Frith) 3:42
9. H Snooze H (Featuring Hanno Leichtmann & Hannes Strobl) 4:39
10. O Feld A (Featuring Oren Ambarchi) 3:23
11. M Makrobe W (Featuring Marc Weiser) 4:03
12. M Makrobe B (Featuring Martin Brandlmayr) 5:42
13. C Smip C (Featuring Christophe Charles) 4:54
14. E Feld O (Featuring Ed Osborn) 2:11
15. F Ink K (Featuring Felix Kubin) 2:54
16. F Frh B (Featuring F.S. Blumm) 1:55
17. B Crockl H (Featuring Boris Hauf) 2:57
18. U Anode K (Featuring Ulrich Krieger) 4:55
sample the album:
"Eight years ago, Boris Hegenbart began turning his interests in Dub principles into reality and during this period of time, he made his collaborations with (or if you want, he made commissions for) monumental artists, such as Fred Frith (Henry Cow, Art Bears, Skeleton Crew, Naked City, Material, Massacre), David Grubbs (Gastr del Sol, Codeine ), Oren Ambarchi (Burial Chamber Trio, Sunn O)))), Martin Brandlmayr (Radian, Polwechsel), Felix Kubin, Ulrich Krieger (Metal Machine Trio), etc...
The principle was simple: artists did overdub recordings with Hegenbart's material, which would be later transformed, using studio as an instrument, as a typical work process that features 99% history of dub sound. But in this case, dub is only a statement or concept, which means, there are no typical dub trademarks and tools (delay, reverb). This leads to only one result:
This double vinyl master piece, is nothing more then a perfect homogenous collection of so many different personalities at the same place/record. The hardest and the greatest achievement, is to connect all of them into one musical milestone, something that Boris Hegenbart succeeded without highfaluting."-MonotypeAlso available on LP.
At The Squid's Ear!
Hegenbart, Boris & 19 Artists (Frith / Ambarchi / Grubbs / Brandlmary / &c)