Planeta Imaginario are a creative and extraordinary 6 piece jazz-rock band from the Catalan region of Spain founded in 1999 by keyboardist and leader Marc Capel.
Catalog ID: Rune 318
Squidco Product Code: 14057
Condition: Sale (New)
Packaging: Jewel Tray
Recorded by Bob Drake in 2010 at Studio Midi-Pyrenees in Caudeval, France.
Marc Capel-Hammond L100 organ, Fender Rhodes piano, Challen piano, Yamaha CS60 and Jen SX1000 synthesizers
Dimitris Bikos-fretless bass
Alfonso Munoz-alto, soprano and baritone saxophones, percussion
Vasco Trilla Gomes dos santos-drums and percussion
Highlight an artist name or instrument above
and click here to Search
1. Collective Action (Acciò Col-lectiva) 10:25
2. The Garden of Happy Cows (El jardì de les vaques alegres) 9:41
3. Xarramandusca (including Exile) 11:43
4. Good Luck, My Friend (Bona sort amic meu)1:45
5. Angioma 3:50
6. Scalpel (Bisturí) 0:45
7. Hemangioma 3:13
8. Introduction to Sidewalk Licker (Introduccò de Llepavoreres) 2:37
9. Sidewalk Licker (Llepavoreres) 8:09
10. Imperfect Purity (Element de la puresa imperfecta) 4:15
11. Pure and Imperfect Art Element (Element del art pur i imperfecte) 6:21
12. Imperfect Persuasive Element (Element de la persuasió imperfecte 2:46
13. The Sea...And Later the Sun.. And The Reflection (El Mar. i llavors sortí el sol... i el reflexe) 13:20
sample the album:
"Planeta Imaginario (Imaginary Planet) are a creative and extraordinary 6 piece (+ guests) jazz-rock band that have emerged from the Catalan region of Spain. Founded in 1999 by keyboardist and leader Marc Capel, Planeta Imaginario originally performed psychedelic rock music but over time evolved into their present-day sound as the band grew in size and added musicians who added jazz and jazz-rock elements. Their first album was released on a small Spanish label in 2005. Biomasa, their second album, was released on Cuneiform in 2008 and allowed the band to have their music heard on a much wider basis and gathered good press and radio reaction. Optical Delusions was recorded, mixed and mastered by noted engineer Bob Drake at his studio in the French Pyrenees and showcases in a very 'live' way the group interplay of this fine ensemble.
Planeta Imaginario takes listeners on a magical, sonic journey, touching like a time capsule on four decades of jazz and rock and creating unique, new musical fusions. Their music - jazz-rock fusion interlaced with psychedelia and progressive rock - blends musical influences, many of which are taken from the English Canterbury School (National Health, Gilgamesh, Hatfield and the North, Soft Machine) mixed other elements as well as with a strong Mediterranean-influenced feel into a fantastically creative, imaginative, evocative and uplifting musical brew."-Cuneiform
At The Squid's Ear!
Search for other titles on the Cuneiform label.