Minton's 3rd release in his doughnut reduction series, solo vocal work in Minton's unique and inimitable style that he hopes will cheer you up in these troubled times.
Black Friday / Blue Squid Sale!:
Shipping Weight: 5.00 units
Quantity in Basket: None
Log In to use our Wish List
Catalog ID: 4148
Squidco Product Code: 9815
Country: Great Britain
Packaging: Jewel Tray
All digital recordings made in Welwyn Garden City (near London) by Veryan Weston. Tracks 1 - 16: April 19, 2007; Tracks 17 - 37: April 20, 2007
Click an artist name above to see in-stock items for that artist.
Highlight an instrument above
and click here to Search for albums with that instrument.
• Show Bio for Phil Minton
"Phil Minton comes from Torquay. He played trumpet and sang with the Mike Westbrook Band in the early 60s- Then in dance and rock bands in Europe for the later of part of the decade. He returned to England in 1971, rejoining Westbrook and was involved in many of his projects until the mid 1980's.
For most of the last forty years, Minton has been working as a improvising singer in lots of groups, orchestras, and situations, all over the place. Numerous composers have written music especially for his extended vocal techniques. He has a quartet with Veryan Weston, Roger Turner and John Butcher, and ongoing duos, trios and quartets with above and many other musicians.
Since the eighties, His Feral Choir, where he voice-conducts workshops and concerts for anyone who wants to sing, has performed in over twenty countries."-Phil Minton Website (https://www.philminton.co.uk/8-2/)
Have a better biography or biography source? Please Contact Us so that we can update this biography.
^ Hide Bio for Phil Minton
1. no doughnuts in hand 1 0:39
2. no doughnuts in hand 2 2:30
3. no doughnuts in hand 3 0:35
4. no doughnuts in hand 4 1:30
5. no doughnuts in hand 5 1:48
6. no doughnuts in hand 6 2:22
7. para five 1:13
8. no doughnuts in hand 7 1:28
9. no doughnuts in hand 8 0:57
10. no doughnuts in hand 9 1:27
11. no doughnuts in hand 10 2:03
12. no doughnuts in hand 11 1:27
13. no doughnuts in hand 12 0:57
14. no doughnuts in hand 13 1:18
15. no doughnuts in hand 14 2:12
16. no doughnuts in hand 15 2:31
17. no doughnuts in hand 16 1:56
18. no doughnuts in hand 17 2:07
19. no doughnuts in hand 18 1:44
20. no doughnuts in hand 19 1:45
21. short wilkins 0:46
22. vo be dayish 0:54
23. no doughnuts in hand 20 1:07
24. no doughnuts in hand 21 0:49
25. no doughnuts in hand 22 1:34
26. breath out one 0:28
27. breath out two 0:32
28. breath out three 0:24
29. breath out four 0:33
30. breath out five 0:26
31. eyeful 0:55
32. team spirit 2:43
33. para plus 1:11
34. rubbish 2:53
35. breath out again 0:38
36. and again 0:26
37. i have given this much more thought than blair did before he decided to invade iraq 2:04
sample the album:
"This is the 3rd of my doughnut reduction series. I know things aren't getting better but I hope the singing cheers you up a bit. I would prefer to sing with other people and most of the time that's what I do. But it seems every ten years or so I need to sing a few songs on my own.
I recorded these pieces in the same order as on the CD and this is the best way to listen if you have the time."-Phil Minton, from the liner notes
The Squid's Ear!
EMANEM & psi
European Improv, Free Jazz & Related
Unusual Vocal Forms
London & UK Improv & Related Scenes