Voices in the Wilderness: Dissenting Soundscapes and Songs of G.W.'s America
Squidco Memorial Day 2017 Sale!
Buy 1 or more item(s) from the sale, Take 8.00% Off
(checkout price: $10.99)
Buy 3 or more item(s) from the sale, Take 15.00% Off
(checkout price: $10.16)
Shipping Weight: 5.00 units
Quantity in Basket: None
Log In to use our Wish List
Catalog ID: PR90276
Squidco Product Code: 6086
Packaging: Jewel Tray
The Slow Poisoners
Neshama Alma Band
Cornelius Cardrew Choir
Cheryl E. Leonard
United Satanic Apache Front
Pablo St. Chaos
Famous Last Words
Highlight an artist name or instrument above
and click here to Search
1. Ready for the Revolution - Marcos Fernandes
2. Death by Boonda - Bonnie Kane, Ray Sage & Mambo Mantis
3. The Red Eyed Agents Of Satan Have The Upper Hand - The Slow Pois
4. Soldiers' Hearts - Neshama Alma Band
5. Extreme Wacover - 99 Hooker
6. Political Composition - Cornelius Cardew Choir
7. hungryempty (excerpt) - Cheryl E. Leonard
8. Intraoffice Psychologies - Marina Lazzara
9. Thug - David Slusser
10. ''Liberate...my ass - Andre Custodio
11. America, Fuck Your Freedom - United Satanic Apache Front
12. GW - Ernesto Diaz-Infante
13. Rainfall - Blaise Siwula
14. Conceding Before the Countless Dreams - Cornelius Cardew Choir
15. Mama Rage - mJane
16. Perfecthood Is Going Down - Merlin Coleman
17. The Toll Counting - Neshama Alma Band with Kate Thompson
18. Take The Word Of A Madman - Dave Tucker
19. John Ashcroft vs. The Space Librarians (excerpt) - Jess Rowland
20. Four Readings. (excerpt) - Matt Hannafin
21. Muddle - Lance Grabmiller
22. Guns Don't Kill People - Dina Emerson
23. Failed upward - d.elder
24. Sometimes (excerpt) - United Satanic Apache Front
25. Prayer For The Road (Ahead) - Pablo St. Chaos
26. Bush Lays Down The Fucking Rap - robert m
27. Bush: Evil Acts Is - Phillip Greenlief
28. Cold Blood - Polly Moller
29. Nuculer Winter (November 3, 2004) - Aaron Bennett & John Finkbei
30. Native American Residuals - Neshama Alma Band
31. Not Saved by the Bell - Stephen Flinn
32. Banish - Famous Last Words
33. Cacerolazo - Marcos Fernandes
Related Categories of Interest:
Various Artists & Compilations
descriptions, reviews, &c.
"Voices In The Wilderness was created out of the anxiety and disillusionment of Bush's reelection on November 3, 2004. This composition of twenty-six artists transcends music genres and ideologies with the common purpose of dissent towards the havoc and bloodshed cause by Bush and the U.S. military's dominance. This collection of political protest music spans experimental, rock, free-improv, electronic, folk, field recordings, and spoken word. This CD is ultimately a reminder and wake-up call that we can not be silent during these times. Cover art and drawings by the graphic novelist/cartoonist James Sturm."-Pax Recordings
• Show Bio for Robert Marcel Lepage
"Robert Marcel Lepage (born 5 July 1951) is a Canadian musician and film score composer.
Born in Montreal, Lepage trained in music at the age of 20, and learned to play the clarinet and saxophone. He performed with René Lussier and Pierre Hébert during the 1980s and 1990s.
He went on to write the scores for 150 films. He was nominated for the Genie Award for Best Score and the Jutra Award for Best Music for the 2008 film The Necessities of Life. Marc-André Lussier of La Presse positively reviewed Lepage's score for Iqaluit (2016) as "lyrical".
In his personal life, he has three children, Félix; Étienne Lepage (fr), a playwright; and Florence, an artist."-Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Marcel_Lepage)
^ Hide Bio for Robert Marcel Lepage
• Show Bio for Aaron Bennett
"I currently live in the San Francisco Bay Area.
I grew up in Long Beach CA. Mother was an artist, father a labor organizer.
On heavy rotation at home as a youngster was Dave Brubeck, Ramsey Lewis, Paul Desmond, the Beatles and Rolling stones..
As a teenager I was listening to alot of speed metal, punk rock, heavy metal and jazz.
I decided to dedicate my life to music after hearing John Coltrane. I hoped to one day give others the feeling I felt when hearing his music, perhaps an impossible goal, but a journey worth making as far as I can tell.
I earned a BA in music at Cal State Long Beach with an emphasis on classical saxophone performance where I had the pleasure of studying with Leo Potts, John Prince and many other great musicians.
I then earned an MFA at California Institute of the Arts in Jazz performance where I studied with many masters including Wadada Leo Smith, Paul Novros, Larry Koonse, Joe Labarbera, Charlie Haden and Pedro Eustache. At Cal Arts I also had the fortune to study music from Bali, Java, Ghana, and India. I have more recently studied and performed Japanese Gagaku music as well.
Since graduating from Cal Arts, I have had the pleasure of making music with a wide variety of amazing musicians including Wadada Leo Smith, Peter Kowald, John Butcher, Donald Robinson, Marco Eneidi, Weasel Walter, Adam Lane, Aphrodesia, Lagos-Roots, Mykal Rose, The Rova Saxophone Quartet, William Hooker and many others. I lead my own groups Go-Go-Fightmaster, electro-magnetic trans-personal orchestra and I currently perform in the Oakland Active Orchestra , Lisa Mezzacappa's Bait & Switch, Vijay Anderson Quartet, Guerilla Hi-Fi Black Water Gold, and Touch and Go Sextet I have been very fortunate to have performed in many great clubs and festivals across the U.S. and abroad including recent appearances at the Monterey Jazz Festival and the Novarra Jazz Festival in Italy. I have composed for large ensembles, chamber groups, plays, films, dance performances, wind quintet, saxophone quartets and trios as well as pieces for solo instruments."-Aaron Bennett Website (http://www.aarondavidbennett.com/about.php)
^ Hide Bio for Aaron Bennett
• Show Bio for John Finkbeiner
"John is an engineer and multi-instrumentalist. He has studied engineering with Myles Boisen, guitar with Morris Acevedo, Myles Boisen, and Richard Festinger, and musical drinking straw with Aaron Bennett. John has worked on records with Fred Frith, Crime, Knights of the New Crusade, Tango No. 9, Aphrodesia, Edmund Welles, and many others. He plays guitar in many bands, including Go-Go Fightmaster and Bait and Switch."-New, Improved Recording (http://newimprovedrecording.com/?page_id=137)
^ Hide Bio for John Finkbeiner
Search for other titles on the PAX label.