"Improbable Transgressions" is a double cd presenting a unique proposal of the internationally acclaimed classical and contemporary percussionist Pedro Carneiro. For his debut recording on Sirr, Pedro improvised nine solo five-octave marimba pieces, each one dedicated to a specific sound artist - and each one of these "tokens" were then sent to their particular dedicatee, with a short humurous note: "please hack me".
Disc "solo marimba improvisations" contains 9 solo for marimba recorded live, with no edits or overdubs. Each Improvisation is an open invitation to that particular artist to explore different modus operandi of their own idiom, using the sonic scope of the improvisation as the sole raw material for their digital audio "hack".
Disc "transgressions" contains 9 hacks/interpretations from artists across a diverse field of musical genres: Convolution Brothers, Chris Brown, Ivan Franco, Brandon Labelle, Stephan Mathieu João Pedro Oliveira, André Sier, Cristian Vogel, Ralf Wehowsky - this disc present the final reworking of their respective solo improvisations.
With an 8 page booklet full of liner notes written by Carneiro, artist Leonel Moura and the sound artists themselves, "Improbable Transgressions" is an exciting double album, featuring collaborative work involving an explosive mix of creative artists working in the field of digital audio processing and experimental music.
Percussionist, composer and conductor, Pedro Carneiro studied in France, England and Italy with David Corkhill, Leigh Howard Stevens and Emilio Pomárico. Internationally acclaimed as one of the leading solo classical percussionists of today, he is a regular guest soloist in prestigious festivals, venues and orchestras throughout five continents. His repertoire spans from Bach, Schumann, Debussy to Feldman, Reich, Carter and Xenakis. He has also been recently involved in several projects including live electronics and cutting-edge technology."-Sirr.ecords
Related Categories of Interest:
Percussion & Drums
Staff Picks & Recommended Items
Get additional information at Pedro Carneiro Website
Search for other titles on the Sirr.ecords label.
Solo marimba improvisations:
1. For Brandon Labelle: corale, appena sentito
2. For Ralf Wehowsky: ossessivo, balzato, con fantasia
3. For Stephan Matieu: tremolo, articolato, tumultuoso
4. For Ivan Franco: pensierosamente, parlato
5. For The Convolution Brothers: intuitivo, caotico - disintegrazione
6. For João Pedro Oliveira: marcato assai, scherzo, instabile
7. For Cristian Vogel: glissando, palpabile
8. For Chris Brown: ostinato, meccanico, duro
9. For André Sier: sogno, quodlibet
1. The Convolution Brothers: termites
2. Ralf Wehowsky: In Gespannter Erwartung
3. Cristian Vogel: viaje sin maleta
4. André Sier: sogno (wool hack)
5. Chris Brown: Fugue for Wood
6. João Pedro Oliveira: Space Marimba
7. Brandon LaBelle: supplement
8. Ivan Franco: Carneiro Fights Da Dark Byte Bot
9. Stephan Mathieu: Untitled marimba piece (Air above mountains)