An Anthology Of Noise & Electronic Music Volume 1
Label: Sub Rosa
Released in: Belgium
"Subtitled: First A-Chronology 1921-2001. At last, the Sub Rosa label issues the highly-acclaimed Anthology Of Noise & Electronic Music collection on vinyl -- 3LPs housed in a luxurious triple gatefold sleeve. Containing early and contemporary classics as well as pieces that had never been heard before.
Volume 1 begins in the 1920s with the Russolo brothers, and examines each decade in turn -- Varése, Cage, Schaeffer, Xenakis, the great pioneers crafting the first traces of a music that was markedly revolutionary: electronic music, created from nothing and an artifice without boundary that was to be entirely invented. Whereas composers such as Stockhausen, Berio and Pousseur had come from Serialism and began making electronic music as a continuation of their work with traditional instruments, others such as Boehmer and Oliveros immediately began composing using electronic bases.
There were those who invented new methods, like Schaeffer and musique concrete, others were outsiders, revolutionaries and visionaries like Xenakis and Cage, and still others who derived their sound from Dadaism, the complex forms of free-jazz, John Coltrane, the acoustic and electronic improvisation scene, alternative rock, psychedelic and industrial music, the German Krautrock wave of the 1970s, and so on. The contemporary generation of electronic musicians on volume 1 are DJs, reinventors of drones, painters and sculptors using sound as a process, and maverick software creators. An absolute must for anyone interested in the roots and history of electronic music, now in a beautiful deluxe triple vinyl package including liner notes. Other artists include: Walter Ruttmann, Gordon Mumma, Angus Maclise, Tony Conrad, Philip Jeck, Otomo Yoshihide and Martin Tétreault, Survival Research Laboratories, Einsteurzende Neubauten, Nam June Paik, Sonic Youth, DJ Spooky, and Ryoji Ikeda."Also available as a triple LP.
Related Categories of Interest:
Sound, Noise, &c.
Asian Improvisation & Jazz
Search for other titles on the Sub Rosa label.
Other Recommended Releases:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought:
Out of Stock
If ordered we
expect to ship within:
Shipping Weight: 6.00 units
Quantity in Basket: None
Label: Sub Rosa
Catalog ID: SR 190CD
Squidco Product Code: 6647
Format: 2 CDs
Packaging: Digipack Double CD
Luigi & Antonio Russolo
Tony Conrad & John Cale
Otomo Yoshihide & Martin Tétreault
Survival Research Laboratories
Nam June Paik
Paul D. Miller aka DJ Spooky That Subliminal Kid
Highlight an artist name or instrument above
and click here to Search
1. Luigi and Antonio Russolo : 'Corale'
2. Walter Ruttman : 'Wochende'
3. Pierre Schaeffer : 'Cinq Etudes de Bruits: Etude Violette'
4. Henri Pousseur : 'Scambi'
5. Gordon Mumma : 'The Dresden Interleaf 13 February 1945'
6. Angus MacLise, Tony Conrad and John Cale : 'Trance #2'
7. Philip Jeck, Otomo Yoshihide and Martin Tétreault : 'Untitled #1'
8. Survival Research Laborotories : 'October 24, 1992 Graz, Austria'
9. Einsturzende Neubauten : 'Ragout: Küchen Rezpt von Einsturzende Neubauten'
10. Konrad Boehmer : 'Aspekt'
1. Nam June Paik : 'Hommage à John Cage'
2. John Cage : 'Rozart Mix'
3. Sonic Youth : 'Audience'
4. Edgard Varèse : 'Poeme Electronique'
5. Iannis Xenakis : 'Concret PH'
6. Paul D Miller aka DJ Spookt That Subliminal Kid : 'FTP>Bundle/Conduit 23'
7. Pauline Oliveros : 'A Little Noise In The System (Moog System)'
8. Ryoji Ikeda : 'One Minute'